Uncontrolled use of alcohol and drugs produces untold damage to relationships and careers as well as to a stable, productive lifestyle and personal dreams. It is a toxicity that distorts our vision and purpose and creates an insidious delusion … a self-delusion of ‘no consequences’ … that it is having no ‘real’ or significant effect on life. It is the delusion involving denial of your own reality! A reality that is full of situations and circumstances that reveal the truth … poor judgment, impulsive behavior, uncontrolled anger and a lost and lonely path of failed attempts at self-control. Have the courage to explore your options in our outpatient alcohol treatment program to help you set reasonable and attainable life goals.
It is estimated that 12% to 15% of the public suffer from alcohol problems, which affect our relationships, work productivity and physical or emotional health. Many others experience similar problems due to abuse of controlled substances such a marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamines, and opiates.
Alcohol and drug abuse frequently occur when a person is self-medicating for emotional problems such as depression, anxiety, chronic stress, anger or relationship problems.
These psychological issues frequently result in a pattern of avoidance and denial that contribute to the addictive process.
At Aspen Counseling Center we offer an outpatient treatment program that involves 2 to 3 one-hour sessions per week focusing on the psychological issues which contribute to the addictive process.
Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Intensive therapy to address the individual pattern of addiction
- Supportive insight oriented therapy to address the underlying psychological issues contributing to the addiction
- Guided readings in addictions literature relevant to the specific pattern of abuse
- Family therapy sessions to involve supportive family members
- Collateral support for involvement with community support systems
- Evaluation of history and psychological factors contributing to the addictive pattern which involves assessment of drug, alcohol and emotional functioning
If you're looking for alcohol treatment in Littleton, or need to evaluate the level of substance abuse problem and potential need for professional help, contact Aspen Counseling Center to schedule a drug and alcohol evaluation. We look forward to helping you reclaim your self, your family and your life.